Fusion Speech Therapy, and the NDIS
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disabilities, their families and carers.
Fusion Speech Therapy Services will not be registering as a provider for the NDIS at this stage. However you are still able to access our services under certain circumstances.
There are three main ways to access your funding package.
- Use the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). Funds are held by the NDIA and providers claim directly with the NDIA. Only registered providers can be used if using the NDIA to manage your funding. You cannot access Fusion Speech Pathology Services if using the NDIA to manage your package.
- Use a Plan Management Agency. This is a third party (a registered provider) who assists you to manage the funding supports in the plan. Examples of organisations in the Illawarra are Interchange Illawarra and the Disability Trust. You are able to access Fusion Speech Therapy Services using a Plan Management Agency.
- Use Self Management. Self-management means you are responsible for requesting and paying the invoices related to the supports you have received through your NDIS plan. Self-managing gives you the opportunity use providers who are NOT registered with the NDIS.
You are able to use a combination of these. For example, you are able use the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) to manage your funding for some services but self manage one aspect such as speech pathology. This will need to be established in your planning meeting.
Some additional items that may need to be included in your plan.
- Summary Reports about therapy requirements and progress. Assessments and Reassessments may need to be completed with written reports. These usually have additional costs.
- Travel if therapy is conducted at home/preschool/school.
- Use of apps for iPads to complement therapy at home/school. The use of games and therapy materials to complement therapy at home.
- The use of a therapy aide or tutor to facilitate home practise.
You can contact the NDIS and ask them to help you work out which plan or combinations of plans would best suit your needs.
For information about the NDIS please visit
or call 1800 800 110
The "Fusion Speech Therapy Services" logo, flower icon and elements copyright
© Fusion Speech Therapy Services,
All rights reserved. Reproduction without permission prohibited